Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake is a light and fluffy cake with a cinnamon sugar swirl and cream cheese frosting, reminiscent of a cinnamon roll.
Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorite breakfast treats to eat and to make. I absolutely love cream cheese frosting and the glaze for this cake is very similar to that, making it a perfect pairing.
I've made this cake a few times and when I took it into work, my coworkers went crazy for it, devouring it in a few short hours. The cake is light and fluffy and has a cinnamon and brown sugar swirl mixed through it for even more goodness. And then there is the glaze. Cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk provide just the right amount of sweetness for this cake.
WHAT IS A BUNDT CAKE?
Bundt cake comes in a ton of varieties and is distinguished by the type of pan it is baked in. The pan was created in Minnesota in 1949. A trio of ladies approached an engineer who was working on aluminum castings and asked if he could provide them with a tube running up the center of the cake, as one had a similar pan from her European grandmother. And such, the Bundt pan was created!
CAN YOU USE BOXED CAKE MIX IN A BUNDT PAN?
Absolutely! This cake comes from a boxed mix. I've made tons of other bundt cakes using boxed mix cake and have never had any issues. You just need to make sure to spray or grease the pan really well.
The theme for February's Bundt Bakers is a cake inspired by your favorite muffin recipe. While you may not think of a cinnamon roll as a muffin, the main components are there. I love a muffin that has brown sugar and cinnamon, which this cake has. The glaze gives it more of a cake feel, as muffins typically aren't glazed, but this cake would be no less delicious without the glaze.
- Berry Lemon Bundt from Sweet Sensations
- Blueberry Muffin Supreme from Patyco Candybar
- Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jambul/Java Plums Giant Bundt Muffins from Sneha's Recipe
- Morning Glory Muffin Bundt from Passion Kneaded
- Orange Poppyseed Mini Muffin Bundts from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Pecan Sticky Bundtlette Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffin Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AT COOKAHOLIC WIFE FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake #BundtBakers
- 15.25 oz box vanilla cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and liberally spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon and scoop half of it on top of the cake batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Add the remaining batter and pour the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top. Swirl again with a knife.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on the counter for 10 minutes before inverting over a plate.
- Add cream cheese to a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and milk until it reaches a consistency that can be drizzled, but isn't too thin.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled cake.
- Nutritional Data is based off 16 slices of cake.
- Sour cream can be used in place of Greek yogurt.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
This looks absolutely luscious. I can't wait to make it up for my next brunch.
I would love a slice with my cup of coffee right now!
Oh my goodness I would not be able to resist this cake at all. Cinnamon Rolls in the form of a cake is a tasty option!
I love Cinnamon Roll... It's delicious...