Sarah made this recipe with a warm bacon dressing which I intended to make, until I thought about the fact that I planned on having this for lunch at work. I knew I couldn't pour the dressing over the tomatoes and mozzarella in the morning or it would get soggy and weird by lunchtime. I opted to just skip the dressing portion (except for what I ate at home that day) and put the crumbled bacon on top. Not a bad choice for a portable meal!
Source: A Taste of Home Cooking
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced into ½ rounds
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Arrange tomatoes and sliced mozzarella on a plate with basil leaves. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and top and season to taste with salt and pepper.