Now that all of my bases are covered, let's get onto the recipes. I figured I would lure you in this week with a skinny version of a brownie. Why? Because I think it nicely balances the rest of the chocolate overload I plan to bombard you with this week.
Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies
Source: Sally's Baking Addiction
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 oz. low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup Imperial brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add the Greek yogurt, almond milk, egg, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, honey, cocoa powder and oats into your high power blender (Vitamix, Blendtec or Ninja) or into a food processor and mix until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor or blender a few times to get everything really smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
4. Add the peanut butter to a microwave safe dish and microwave in 30-second intervals until peanut butter has thinned out.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the softened peanut butter into the brownie batter and swirl with a butter knife or toothpick to create a marbled effect.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut cooled brownies into squares.
If you're a fan of the super fudge-y dense brownie and would prefer to shove these into your mouth without as many calories as a regular brownie, these little tasty bites of chocolate peanut butter gooeyness are going to be right up your alley. I took these into work and figured maybe two or three of the guys who prefer healthier foods would pick at them.
Nope. They were devoured by all in a matter of hours. It might have been only an hour, honestly.
My favorite combination - peanut butter and chocolate. Looks so good and love the fact that it is gluten-free!
I love that this is lightened up a bit, especially this week when we are inundated with calorie laden treats.
Haha, great idea to include a lighter dessert this week! Your brownies look fantastic!
These look fantastic! I love chocolate anything! 🙂
Oh I love anything peanut butter! And definitely a fan of Greek yogurt in these brownies.
Delicious love this brownies,
My favorite chocolate is dark chocolate!