#CookoutWeek is here again! I had such a great time participating in the event last year that I knew I wanted to join up this year.
As a kid, I used to eat plain hot dogs cold, a concept that as an adult makes me shudder. Ick. I'm still not a fan of them on a bun because I feel like the bread to meat ratio is never properly met and I do enjoy them served with less common toppings. Mustard will do if there isn't anything else, but I'll pass on the ketchup, relish and onions.
I like the more unusual toppings and when I saw a recipe using bahn mi ingredients on a hot dog, I immediately knew I needed to try it.
Standard bahn mi ingredients are pickled carrots, cucumber slices, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapenos. I prefer to pickle the jalapeno as well, which I did for this recipe.
#CookoutWeek: Bahn Mi Hot Dogs
- 1 package 8 hot dogs of your choice
- 1 package 8 hot dog buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 tbsp. Sriracha to taste
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup cucumber thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro chopped
- 1. Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- 2. While the grill is heating, combine mayonnaise and sriracha together to your desired level of spiciness and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water and sugar. Add carrots and jalapeno slices and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- 4. Grill hot dogs for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 5. Add cilantro and cucumber to the bun. Place the hot dog in the center and top with the pickled carrots and jalapenos.
- 6. Drizzle sriracha mayo on top and enjoy.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
What is your favorite way to dress a hot dog?
Don't forget to enter the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway