Everything Bagel Cheese Ball will impress any guests. Soft and cheesy on the inside and coated with crunchy seeds on the outside, you'll love this easy-to-make appetizer for all of your gatherings.
You've had Everything but the Bagel seasoning by now right? I am sad to admit that it was only last year that I had tried it for the first time. As far as I know, Trader Joe's was the first to create the blend but the closest one is 30 minutes from me and I had just never been before. Then I realized it's right near my friend Jenn's house and we decided to go early one morning. That's one overwhelming grocery store! It's always packed and simply wandering around to look at what they offer is not really something you can do there. It was totally visual overload trying to see everything they offered.
Anyway, if you haven't had Everything but the Bagel seasoning before, you totally need to try it. And if you aren't close to a Trader Joe's, you can also purchase it on Amazon or make your own.
WHAT IS IN EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING?
- 1 tablespoon each of toasted sesame and black sesame seeds, dried garlic flakes and dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon each of poppy seeds, kosher salt, and black pepper
- For this recipe, you'll need 3 tablespoons and 3 teaspoons of each
WHAT CAN I PUT EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING ON?
- Eggs (hard boiled, sunny side up, over easy)
- Tomato or other veggies
- Mixed into cream cheese
- As a rub on chicken, pork or turkey
- Bloody Mary drinks
- Potato or Macaroni Salad
- In soup
- Basically, everything
Making a cheese ball for a gathering was always my aunts thing. She makes a sweet one covered in nuts for the holidays every year. I've tried to make cheeseballs before but they never turned out that great, which was a total disappointment. No one wants to eat a cheese blob. 🤣
Back around Easter I decided I was going to make a cheese ball and it was going to turn out. Apparently the power of mental persuasion actually works sometimes because I made this once and it turned out perfectly. So perfectly that I almost didn't want to eat it!
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
For the Cheese Ball:
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- approximately 1 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning
- bagel chips crackers, pretzels
- carrots cucumbers, celery, radishes
- Whisk together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and onion powder.
- On a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap form into a ball, rolling if needed.
- Keep covered and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but up to overnight.
- Pour Everything Bagel seasoning onto a plate.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and gently roll in the seasoning until it is fully coated.
- Place on a platter and serve with your desired dipping ingredients.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Wow! This cheese ball was pretty much devoured when I had everyone over and there was only a small chunk left for my aunt and I to keep as leftovers. It's quite possible this will become my new staple recipe for parties and holidays!
If you find that making a cheese ball is difficult, you can also make this into mini cheese balls, like I did with these Mini Cheese Ball Bites. A stick pretzel would be the perfect topping, or you could keep it as a dip spread on bagel chips.