How simple. How genius!
My family has a bit of a thing with soaking ingredients in alcohol. For my bridal shower my aunt soaked cherry tomatoes in vodka. For another party I think we spiked some watermelon. There may have even been something else. Let's just say it's a pretty popular theme we have going on here. I wanted to add my own recipe to the pile.
This recipe is so simple it's not really even a recipe, but for the sake of blogging it to share with you, I've done my best. I really should have gotten this post ready before the new year so it could have been made as part of a new years appetizer, but I just ran out of time. Forgive me?
Frozen Wine Soaked Sugared Grapes
Source: Thursday Night Smack Down
Yield: 1 lb. grapes
- 1 lb. green grapes, washed and removed from vines
- 750 ml bottle of white wine (I went with a $5 bottle of Moscato)
- ½ cup sugar
1. Place grapes in a seal top bag. Pour wine on over them. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled.
2. Transfer to the freezer. Freeze overnight or for at least 12 hours.
3. Remove slushy wine from grapes. (Discard wine or return to the bottle for drinking. Entirely up to you.)
4. Put sugar in a large bowl. Toss grapes to coat.
5. Serve chilled.
Really, that's it. How easy is that? And can you imagine how delicious these little buggers would taste on a hot summer day sitting at the pool or on the beach? Amazing.