Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me for #GuacSquad12. All opinions are my own.
Servings: 2 cups
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 4 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. Gourmet Garden’s lightly dried cilantro
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Cook the bacon until crisp, blot excess grease and then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook corn on the cob, then allow to cool enough to handle. Slice the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
3. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the insides with a spoon and place into a large bowl.
4. Add the onion, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash the avocados and to combine.
5. Stir in the bacon and corn until combined. Taste, adding ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt if desired.
6. To serve immediately, transfer to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips and veggies.
7. To serve later (if you do not have a GuacLock), transfer the guacamole to a bowl with a lid. Use a bowl where the guacamole will fill as much as possible, leaving very little air space. Press a piece of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole, spreading it to the corners to make sure no excess air gets underneath. Seal the bowl and refrigerate. Serve within a few hours for the least amount of discoloration.
An InLinkz Link-up
YUMM!! I made one very similar to this and the fresh corn in there with the bacon was amazing! We loved it - such a great choice, and good add-ins for a guac recipe. Yum!