But as for being ready for the actual holiday, no way! Every year I want time to slow down between Thanksgiving and Christmas, because after Christmas we still have 3+ months of winter and that's nothing to look forward to.
But along the lines of gifts, bark is an easy choice. Who doesn't love hunks of chocolate? White Chocolate. Milk Chocolate. Dark Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Butterscotch. And then the mix in options are limitless. Candy. Cookie pieces. Marshmallows. Nuts. Dried Fruit, even.
- 1 lb. vanilla almond bark
- 12 oz. creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter M&M candies
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Add the vanilla almond bark to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave according to package instructions. Immediately stir in the peanut butter.
3. In another microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
4. Spread the vanilla-peanut butter mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Immediately sprinkle with the peanut butter M&M's.
5. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge and allow to set, at least two hours. When completely hard, cut or break into pieces. Bark must be stored in the refrigerator.