Homemade Cheese Crackers are just like the ones you can buy in the store! These cheese crackers are packed with cheesy flavor in a crisp cracker, made from the comfort of your own kitchen!
For the past couple of months Tom has asked that I order cheese crackers each week from the grocery store. He goes through phases where he'll eat the same snack for a while, then get tired of it and want something else. But lately it has been all about the cheese crackers.
Before he gets tired of them, I wanted to try making my own. These Homemade Cheese Crackers are super easy to make, with less than 10 ingredients and some patience to roll out the dough thin enough. But, that's basically it. Do that, bake them and you have your own supply of cheese crackers.
I would advise doubling the batch of them though as they're sure to go quickly!
The store-bought varieties now come in a bunch of different flavors, which you could easily do as well. Just adapt the recipe to your taste
- Sharp Cheddar (this is the classic)
Obviously, cheddar is the classic flavor but it doesn't mean you can't use spices to change it up.
- Ranch (make your own or use the store-bought packets for dip)
- Cayenne, Old Bay or Cajun, if you like it spicy
- Lemon Pepper
Regardless of what flavor profile you choose, you're going to love these!
You might also like Parmesan Thyme Crackers!
January's Improv Cooking Challenge ingredients are cheese and crackers. The Improv Cooking Challenge is a monthly blogging event where two ingredients are assigned and bloggers share their creations on the second Thursday of each month. If you'd like to join us, please visit our Facebook page. We also have a Pinterest board where you can check out creations from previous months.
Check out what the other bloggers have made!
Improv Cooking Challenge: January 2020
Ingredients: Cheese and Crackers
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Cheese Crackers by Cookaholic Wife
- Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders by Palatable Pastime
- Seasoned Keto Crackers by Our Good Life
- Marinated Goat Cheese Spread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread by Pandemonium Noshery
- Savory Cheddar Herb Cheesecake by Kate's Recipe Box
- Cheesy Turkey Casserole by Making Miracles
- Olives & Cheese Crackers by Sneha's Recipe
- Brie and Havarti Crackers by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Baked Parmesan Cracker Chicken Tenders by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cracker Crumb Topped Fennel & Carrot Quiche by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Homemade Cheese CrackersHomemade Cheese Crackers are just like the ones you can buy in the store! These cheese crackers are packed with cheesy flavor in a crisp cracker, made from the comfort of your own kitchen!Servings: 2 -3 cupsCalories:
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter cold
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon cold water
- Cut butter into a small pieces. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it turns into a sandy mixture.
- Add in the water, 2 tablespoon at first, and pulse until the mixture comes together. If it is still dry, add the remaining tablespoon of water.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of wax paper and roll into a ball. Wrap up and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut dough into 1 inch x 1 inch squares. Use a skewer to poke a hole in the center of the dough.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden.
NotesHomemade Cheese Crackers keep best when refrigerated. Refrigerate for 3-4 days.