November's ingredients for the Improv Cooking Challenge were nuts and caramel. I thought about that combination for a while, thinking of sticky buns covered in a caramel sauce or a banana nut bread with a caramel drizzle...and then while eating a lone survivor of Halloween candy, it dawned on me that nuts and caramel were two ingredients in my favorite candy bar.
There are a ton of Snickers related desserts out there, but since I take nearly all of my baked goodies into work, I figured I would appeal to my coworkers taste-buds which I think could sniff out a cheesecake a few miles away.
#ImprovCooking Challenge: Snickers Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and cooled
For the Filling:
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large Snickers bars chopped
For the Topping:
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- 2. Add oreos to a food processor and pulse until they form fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and then pour melted butter on top. Stir until crumbs are moistened.
- 3. Press crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- 4. In the bowl of the stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla.
- 5. Add the chopped Snickers and mix until just combined.
- 6. Pour the batter over the cooled Oreo crust and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- 7. Drizzle caramel sauce then chocolate sauce over the top of the cheesecake in a zig-zag pattern.
- 8. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and roasted peanuts on top.
- 9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- 10. Use edges of parchment paper to lift bars from the pan. Cut into 24 evenly sized bars.
- 11. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. .
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Holy chocolate cheesecakery! These bars are so rich and absolutely delicious. I'm pretty sure my coworkers were actually drooling over them.
If you're interested in joining the Improv Cooking Challenge, we post recipes on the third Thursday of every month. Each month has two themed ingredients that must be included somehow in the recipe. Follow along on our Pinterest board to see what we've made!
Yesssss....!! These look SO sinfully delicious. What a wonderful treat!
You actually had me at "Snickers" but then you snuck in "cheesecake" & oreos & caramel...
I had to go grab a snickers out of the leftover Halloween candy after reading this post. LOL
Two of my favorites! This looks amazing!