Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, these green-hued Irish Cake Mix cookies are super easy to make with only 5 ingredients!
The only cookie easier than a cake mix cookie is one that you buy already baked from the store. Seriously! These cake mix cookies only have 5 ingredients and take no time at all to prepare. They're easily changed out based on the flavors you like or the reason you're making them. I colored these cookies green and decorated with green and white sprinkles for St. Patrick's Day.
What are irish cake mix cookies?
Irish Cake Mix Cookies are the easiest cookie you'll ever bake! Simply mix a box of white cake mix together with eggs and oil. Then add in food coloring and sprinkles, drop them onto prepared baking sheets and bake until done! These cookies are tinted green with food coloring and decorated with white and green sprinkles for St. Patrick's Day, for an Irish-colored cookie.
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- box of white cake mix
- vegetable oil
- food coloring
🔪Instructions for this recipe
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl or stand mixer. Beat until fully combined.
- Then add food coloring and sprinkles and mix through.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto a prepared baking sheet. Decorate with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Then bake until lightly golden! Let cool a few minutes, then enjoy!
Cake Mix Cookies only require 3 ingredients - boxed cake mix, oil and eggs. The flavor of cake mix you choose along with any mixins is entirely up to you!
- chocolate cake mix + peanut butter baking chips
- white or yellow cake mix + M&M candies
- strawberry cake mix + shredded coconut
- chocolate cake mix + mint candies
- lemon cake mix + white chocolate baking chips
- spice cake mix + chopped pecans
- Extracts: flavor the cookies with vanilla, almond, rum, mint, cherry, orange or lemon extracts
- Nuts: mix in chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Candies: M&M's, mini Reese's cups or pieces, Rolos, Andes mints, mini Hershey bars, crushed up candy canes or candy corn
- Powdered Sugar: roll dough in powdered sugar before baking to create a crinkled cookie look
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Irish Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz white cake mix box
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer combine cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil and mix until combined. Add in food coloring and sprinkles and mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Decorate with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cake mix cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.