Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 1 ¼ lbs. lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, broken into 12 pieces
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 12 slider rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine ground beef through pepper together in a large bowl. Form into 12 large meatballs. Make a large indent with your finger and place the mozzarella cheese there. Fold the meat around the cheese to seal within. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
3. Place meatballs on the wire rack and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, warm up the pizza sauce in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat. Toast the Hawaiian rolls.
5. Assemble the sandwich by spreading a little bit of the pizza sauce on the slider roll and topping with a large meatball. Serve hot.
For an easy recipe, these were pretty tasty. If you aren't a fan of stuffed meatballs, you could easily make regular meatballs and just melt the mozzarella on top of the slider rolls instead. Or if you're cheese addict, you could have cheese in the meatball and also melted on the bread.