Quick Refrigerator Pickles are a great way to use up cucumbers from your garden into a tasty pickle!
I did not have high hopes when I planted cucumber seeds this year. My ability to grow anything is either it is destroyed by the local rabbits or it grows out of control. Imagine my surprise when I found that my cucumber plant not only survived but is producing a ton of cucumbers!
What does one do when presented with multiple cucumbers all ready at once? Make pickles!
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- pickling spice
🔪Instructions for this recipe
- First, slice the cucumbers. Wash and slice the cucumbers into even rounds, about ¼ inch thick.
- Then prepare the liquid. Combine the vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt together in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and cook until the salt and sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the water and let cool.
- Then fill the jars. Divide the dill, ginger, crushed red pepper and pickling spice between the mason jars. Then layer in the cucumber slices.
- Next, fill with the liquid. Divide the liquid into the jars, making sure the pickles are covered.
- Finally, refrigerate! Pickles are best if refrigerated for a few days before eating.
- Ginger and crushed red pepper can be omitted.
- Add in some thinly sliced onion, a jalapeno, mustard seeds, etc.
Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob by Devour Dinner
- Chow Chow by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Eggplant Raita by Magical Ingredients
- Sauteed Swiss Chard by House of Nash Eats
Main Dish Recipes
- Greek Farro Salad by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Crisp Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Quick Refrigerator Pickles
- pint mason jars
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 3 teaspoon pickling spice
- Wash the cucumbers and slice into ¼ inch rounds.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, sugar and kosher salt together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the heat and add in 3 ½ cups of water. Let cool 15-20 minutes.
- Layer dill, ginger, pickling spice and crushed red pepper into the bottom of each mason jar. Then layer the pickle spices into the jar.
- Pour the cooled water mixture on top, making sure the pickles are covered.
- Seal and refrigerate for a few days before eating.