Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups are a simple two-ingredient appetizer perfect for any party or gathering where you need a simple but tasty side dish.
There’s a great Amish Market/Flea Market near my house that has some of the best foods I’ve ever tasted. From soft pretzels stuffed with a variety of fillings to baked goods, to deli meats and cheeses, to homemade pickles, they have just about everything you can imagine there.
On the weekends, it is completely packed because everyone in the area is either going to get themselves some delicious Amish made food or to scour the wares at the flea market.
A few weeks ago my aunt and I had stopped in there to pick up lunch before we started on the daunting task of trying to plant flowers and make my yard appealing. I don’t have a green thumb and we live in an area where the soil is all full of clay, so growing pretty flowers is just not something that is easy. Yet, I still try every year.
As we were walking through the deli area, I noticed a few pre-made appetizers. In little packages, they had salami filled with vegetable cream cheese, prosciutto filled with regular cream cheese and sweet Lebanon bologna filled with a chive cream cheese. I pointed it out to my aunt immediately who is just as much of a fan of a simple appetizer as I am. We both had the same thought; why hadn’t we made these before?
We didn’t end up buying them, but they were on my mind for the rest of the week so I added the ingredients to my grocery list and figured I could make them over the weekend.
Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- 8 oz. Salami Sopressata, Prosciutto or other thin-sliced deli meat
- ⅓ - ¼ cup flavored cream cheese
- Lay out each slice of meat flat.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese into the center of the meat and spread outwards, leaving ¼ inch of space to the ends.
- Roll meat into a log.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
OMG were these delicious. I opted to use a veggie flavored cream cheese, but any savory flavored cream cheese would work just as well. Or maybe even really play with savory and sweet combinations by using a sweet cream cheese? The possibilities are endless!
I am always thinking of what to bring to my mom’s house when we go over there to hang out by the pool and I can 100% guarantee that this roll ups will be definitely making an appearance more than once.
I can’t wait to play around with some flavor combinations and maybe even add some spices and herbs to a plain cream cheese and create my own. I’m thinking something along the lines of an everything bagel?
Check out what the other bloggers are sharing with you for BBQ Week! With Memorial Day right around the corner, I promise you’ll find something perfect to make or take to any cookout or gathering!
- BBQ Grilled Corn on the Cob by The Spiffy Cookie
- Brown Butter Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Calico Beans with Hamburger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Creamy Patriotic Blueberry Jello Fruit Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Easy White Bean Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Burrata Platter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa by Food Above Gold
- Grilled Pork Thai Bowl by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled strawberry shortcake by Our Good Life
- Grilled Tuscan Chicken Flatbreads by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetables with Whipped Avocado Feta Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Herb Grilled Lobster Tails by Family Around the Table
- Honey Citrus Chicken Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Jalapeno Bacon Baked Beans by Sweet Beginnings
- Kaiser Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Red Skinned Potato Salad by The Beard and The Baker
- Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups by Cookaholic Wife
- S’mores Bars by Back To My Southern Roots
- Strawberry Green Iced Tea by Palatable Pastime