Spiked Apple Cider Iced Tea is a delicious fall cocktail, made with apple cider tea and whiskey.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
*Note: This recipe is intended for those 21 years of age or older.
Fall is not my favorite season, because it’s followed by winter. But one of the things that makes it pretty tolerable is apple cider. Whether it’s the chilled version you get in the refrigerated section of the grocery store or the tea bags from The Republic of Tea. For this Spiked Apple Cider Iced Tea I’d definitely recommend purchasing the Republic of Tea tea bags because it has a much more pure apple cider flavor that you don’t get with the store stuff.
WHAT IS SPIKED APPLE CIDER?
Spiked Apple Cider is apple cider (tea) that has been spiked with liquor, such as bourbon, whiskey, or vodka.
SPIKED APPLE CIDER ICED TEA INGREDIENTS
- 4 Republic of Tea Apple Cider tea bags
- 1/2 – 1 cup bourbon
Spiked Apple Cider Iced Tea
- 5 Republic of Tea Apple Cider tea bags
- 5 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 - 1 cup bourbon or liquor of your choice
- Optional: apple slices for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add the tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and pour mixture into a pitcher.
- Chill for 1-2 hours or until cold.
- Pour in bourbon or liquor of your choice.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and pour 8 oz. into each cup.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
There’s still time to enter the giveaway! Do so below!
#AppleWeek Recipes –
- Apple Celeriac Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Coffee Cake Muffins by Blogghetti
- Apple Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crisp in a Mug by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Oatmeal Cutout Cookies by The Monday Box
- Applesauce Cake Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Covered Apple Slices by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Covered Minnie Apples by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Copycat McDonald’s Apple Pies by Snacks and Sips
- Country Fried Apples by Tip Garden
- Creamy Caramel Apple Icebox Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Crispy Hot Cider Tea-Brined Chicken Thighs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crunchy Dried Cherry Applesauce Cake Bars by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Hot Apple Cider Tea Bread by Our Good Life
- Moroccan Apple and Sweet Potato Beef Stew by Savory Moments
- Smoky Apple Cheddar Beer Soup by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Spiced Applesauce Cookies by Who Needs A Cape?
- Spiked Apple Cider Iced Tea by Cookaholic Wife
- Vegan Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Braid by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.