But first, a quick re-cap.
HOMEGATING is when you can relax and watch the game with your friends in the comfort of your own home instead of at the stadium. And obviously, being the good friend that you are, you're going to serve some food to your friends. At the homegatinghq.com website, you can find recipes, how-to videos, football trivia and much more.
Wholly Guacamole asked me if I would be interested in sharing a recipe for HOMEGATING Headquarters. I chose to use one of their current recipes, the Nacho Cheese Sauce and make my own style of nachos with it. Yesterday, I also shared ten other things you could do with these cheese sauce.
Steak Nachos with Nacho Cheese Sauce
Source: Wholly Guacamole & Cookaholic Wife
- 2 lb. flank steak
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup guacamole cream
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos
- 4-6 oz. sour cream
- 12 oz. Wholly Guacamole (in any flavor)
for the guacamole cream:
1. Preheat a grill or skillet to high heat. Season both sides of the flank steak with chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Cook steak for 3-5 minutes on each side or until it reaches desired level of doneness. Transfer to a plate to allow to cool.
3. Once cooled, slice against the grain into strips.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and guacamole until combined.
5. Divide tortilla chips among plates. Ladle Nacho Cheese Sauce on top. Divide steak among plates and then top each with diced tomatoes, pickled jalapenos and large dollop of the guacamole cream.
Delicious! I opted to use the Hatch Chile Guacamole to add in some extra heat to this recipe.
Just like last time, the Wholly Guacamole people have offered to give one reader a cooler of various guacamole flavors and other promotional products (including the squishy avocado!). I'll be honest, I immediately tore into the box the second I got it and completely forgot to take a picture, but I received at least 6 different guacamole samples, a coupon and another squishy avocado!
To enter the giveaway, please use the Rafflecopter below!
Sarah - The Home Cook
I'd make guacamole enchiladas.
I would use it to complement taco night!
Eat even more chips every day :). My husband would be very happy with all that guac!
Spread on sandwiches!
I would put it on everything, guacamole goes great on sandwiches!
D Schmidt mummytotwoboys
I would add it to sandwiches and thanksgiving dishes