I'm terrible at eating on the weekends. During the week, I tend not to have a lot going on, but my weekends are always super busy. Even if it's not running errands, there are recipes to make and blog, photographs to take and edit and now a house that never seems like it's going to stay clean for more than a few hours.
Of course, when I get to this level of hungry, there is absolutely no interest in eating something that is going to take more than 5 minutes to prepare. I then have to rely on ingredients that can quickly come together, such as a sandwich, or resort to bags of microwave popcorn. Let's not talk about the number of bags of microwave popcorn I go through in a month though, okay?
Turkey Cranberry Cracker Bites
- 12 crackers such as Triscuits
- 12 squares sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 slices deli turkey
- ½ cup cranberry apple jam
- Arrange 12 crackers on a plate. Place a square on cheese on top.
- Divide each piece of deli turkey into quarters and place on top of the cheese.
- Top with a small dollop of the cranberry apple jam. Serve immediately.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
These little cracker bites come together in a matter of minutes so they're perfect for those starving afternoons or a quick snack to whip up for kids after school. Or, you could always serve them to those unexpected guests that you had no idea were visiting.