Watermelon Mint Sorbet is a light and refreshing frozen summer treat, made with ripe watermelon, fresh mint leaves and lime juice and zest.
Disclaimer: This recipe was created as part of #SummerDessertWeek. I received some samples from sponsors, but this recipe and the opinions are 100% my own.
I could eat sorbet year-round but it’s especially delicious in the summer when you get to use up fresh fruit and herbs in it. The best thing about this watermelon mint sorbet is that you don’t need an ice cream maker, just a high powered blender or food processor to mix up the ingredients.
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- lime juice and zest
- fresh mint leaves
- sugar, optional
🔪Instructions for this recipe
- First, cut up the watermelon. Roughly dice the watermelon into cubes, removing the black seeds if you aren’t using a seedless watermelon. (The white seeds are okay to leave in)
- Then zest and juice the lime. Use a grater to zest 1 teaspoon of the lime then slice in half and squeeze out 1 tablespoon of juice.
- After that, blend the ingredients. Add the watermelon, lime juice and zest, whole mint leaves and sugar (if desired) to a high powered blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Finally, freeze the mixture. Transfer the mixture to a container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Substitutions for watermelon sorbet
- Fruit: just about any fruit works for a sorbet, such as berries (strain to remove the seeds), peaches, other melons like cantaloupe and honeydew, etc.
- Herbs: skip them entirely or switch it up and use basil
- Other Additions: cucumbers are delicious in a sorbet! I have a Cucumber Watermelon Smoothie recipe that would be delicious as a sorbet. Lemon juice, combinations of fruits or combinations of herbs are also great choices. Or maybe some honey or Tajin seasoning.
FAQ’s for frozen treats
- Do you need an ice cream maker to make sorbet? No, I use my Vitamix, but any other high powered blender or food processor will work.
- How long does it take for sorbet to freeze? 4 hours is good but you can freeze it longer. It will keep for a few weeks in the freezer.
- What’s the difference between gelato and sorbet? Is sorbet healthier? Gelato is more similar to ice cream, but softer and sorbet is dairy free. Sorbet isn’t necessarily healthier because of the sugar from the fruit, but it is lower in calories.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Butter Pecan Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Banana Pudding Pops from Semi Homemade Recipes
Banana Pudding Popsicles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Mug Cake from Our Good Life
Lemon Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Swig Cookies from Devour Dinner
Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies from SugarYums
Strawberry Quik Pudding Shots from Sweet ReciPEAs
Watermelon Mint Sorbet from Cookaholic Wife
Watermelon Mint Sorbet
- high powered blender
- 4 cups watermelon
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup sugar, optional
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and remove any black seeds if you are using a watermelon that isn't seedless. Add the watermelon to a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add the lime juice and zest to the blender or food processor, followed by the mint leaves. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before scooping and serving.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.