Making your turkey breast in the air fryer is so easy! Some basic spices and oil mix together to flavor the turkey and the air fryer cooks it to juicy, moist perfection in less than an hour!
I used to think "Oh, I don't need an air fryer, it's just another small kitchen appliance to take up space". And then I bought one and that thought went right out the window. Seriously, I use the air fryer multiple times a week and when I thought "hey, can I put a turkey breast in there? and it worked out...I fell even more in love with this thing.
Making a turkey breast in the air fryer is SO easy! Just some basic spices and oil go on the turkey and the air fryer does the rest. There's no roasting rack, oven bag or basting required to get a perfect, juicy slice of turkey.
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- turkey breast
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
🔪Instructions for this recipe
- Combine olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl. Brush all over the turkey
- Air Fry turkey, breast side down for 25 minutes, then flip and cook 15 minutes more
- Let rest, then slice and serve!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast FAQ's
- Can I cook a frozen turkey in the air fryer? No, sorry. The turkey will end up really dry. If you have a frozen turkey breast, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then cook it in the air fryer.
- What size air fryer do I need to cook a turkey breast? I have an 6 quart Instant Vortex Air Fryer (affiliate link, see disclosure page for more detail) and I easily fit a turkey breast a little over 2 pounds into it
- What temperature do you cook turkey to? 165 degrees F, just like chicken. To make sure the breast is fully cooked, insert an instant read thermometer directly into the thickest part of the turkey to ensure you're getting an accurate reading.
- Can I reheat turkey in the air fryer? Yep! 3-4 minutes at 350 should heat sliced turkey through.
- If you're going for a Thanksgiving meal, make my Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Pecan Stuffing and Lighter Green Bean Casserole
- Or if you're feeling a non-traditional Thanksgiving, make my Thanksgiving Tacos
- Turkey breast is also great over a salad or on a sandwich
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 6 quart air fryer
- 2 lb turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Use a knife to gently lift the skin of the turkey breast away from the meat. Spread seasoning under skin and over the entire turkey breast.
- Place breast side down in an air fryer set to 375 and cook for 25 minutes.
- Flip turkey breast over and cook for 15 minutes more, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the turkey breast reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove turkey and let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.