Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats are an easy Halloween treat to make! Vanilla ice cream and cherry soda are served in a "blood"-rimmed glass perfect for your vampire friends.
Disclaimer: This recipe was created as part of #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies, but as always, opinions are 100% my own.
I may not be a complete Halloween enthusiast, but these Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats are just too cute to pass up making for the holiday!
What are bloody vampire cherry floats?
These ice cream floats are easily dressed up for Halloween. Red food coloring smeared onto the rim of a glass and coated in red sugar makes up the dripping blood portion of this drink. Then it's just vanilla ice cream and cherry soda! What could be easier than that?
Ingredients for this recipe
- vanilla ice cream
- cherry soda
- red food coloring
- red sprinkles
- maraschino cherries, optional
- whipped cream, optional
Instructions for this recipe
- First, decorate your glass for your vampire friends! Spread red sprinkles into a shallow dish and then use the red food coloring to create drops of blood on the rim of your glass. Press the "blood drops" into the sprinkles.
- Then fill your glass with ice cream. Load up the glass with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Next, pour the soda on top. Pour the cherry soda on top of the ice cream.
- Finally, enjoy your bloody vampire cherry float! If desired, stick a maraschino cherry into the glass or partially slice it and stick it on the rim of the glass. Add a cute straw, stir it up and enjoy!
Substitutions for cherry floats
- Replace cherry soda with strawberry flavored soda or any red colored soda
- No food coloring or sprinkles? Spread strawberry or cherry preserves around the rim of the glass instead
- Garnish with some vampire teeth!
- Add some whipped cream on top!
- Pour some of the maraschino cherry juice into the float for some extra cherry flavor!
- Switch out the vanilla ice cream for cherry or strawberry and use cream soda instead for a reverse effect!
Of course, you can always skip the "bloody vampire" portion of this cherry-vanilla flavored ice cream float and enjoy it year-round!
Looking for more of an adult cocktail? Try my Cherry Lime Bourbon Smash! Or check out my other Halloween recipes such as my Sugar Skulls Smores Cheesecake or Ghost Meringue Cookies!
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th - October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Disney Villain Charcuterie Board from Big Bear's Wife
- Grave Yard Snack Mix from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts from Jen Around the World
- Cake Top Forward Halloween Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Witch Finger Pretzels from Fresh April Flours
- Caramel Apples from Devour Dinner
- Easy Frankenstein Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Halloween Haunted Fault Line Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Blood & Guts Cinnamon Rolls from 4 Sons 'R' Us
- Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats from Cookaholic Wife
- Candy Corn Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods from House of Nash Eats
- Friday the 13th Pancakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spider Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Haunted House Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Peanut Butter Ghost Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Apple Spice Cake Donuts from It's Shanaka
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Butterfinger Bark from Pastry Chef Online
- Spiderweb Cheesecake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Oozing Red Velvet Cake from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Black Velvet Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Monster Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Spider Web Soup (Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup) from I am a Honey Bee
- Candy Corn Fudge from Back To My Southern Roots
- Dark Chocolate Black Cat Cookies from Savory Moments
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies from Our Good Life
- Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies from For the Love of Food
I'll take my Cheerwine however I can get it, even with a side of fangs! These are so cute!