When I hear the letters “BLT” I’m instantly interested. How can you ever go wrong with crispy salty bacon, fresh lettuce and sweet, acidic tomatoes? In my world, you can’t. It’s just impossible. Add in some turkey or avocado and now you’re really talking.
I think the only real thing I miss about my current work hours is that I can’t make a fresh pizza crust after work, even the quick ones, unless we want to plan on eating dinner around 9. Luckily for me, there are quite a few other possibilities, one of which even includes a pre-made crust now offered at Wegman’s.
Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup baby arugula
- ½ tsp. good quality olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. (Or according to your pizza crust directions.)
2. Combine melted butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper together in a bowl and brush over the crust. Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan on top.
3. Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes or until just lightly golden.
4. Arrange the slices of mozzarella on top followed by the crumbled bacon and then the halved cherry tomatoes. Bake for another 7-10 minutes (or according to package directions) until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the arugula on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Slice and serve.
If it was acceptable to eat pizza for dinner every night, I could totally eat this!