Confession: While my ice cream maker whipped this together I made a list of 20 different flavors of ice cream that I want to make. Yes, twenty. And they include ones such as cake batter, s'mores, apple pie, pumpkin, sweet corn, egg nog and nutella swirl.
So now I need you to hold me accountable.
No, not to make the different ice creams, that is going to happen regardless. I need you to hold me accountable to go the gym because with that type of line up I'm NEVER going to lose weight!
This ice cream was all Tom's idea which really isn't much of a surprise. He loves just about chocolate and just about anything cherry flavored so combining the two is right up his alley. I did a brief search for a recipe and didn't come up with one, so I decided to wing it and see what would happen.
Cherry & Brownie Bite Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh cherries pitted and chopped
- 1 ½ cups brownie crumbles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and half-and-half. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Add the fresh cherries and stir until combined.
- 2. Pour into a plastic container with a lid and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 3. Prepare according to ice cream maker instructions, adding the brownie curmbles in the last 2-3 minutes of processing. Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or until chilled through.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
This is really good! I wish the brownie bits would have stayed together a bit more, but I think I'd need to freeze them before adding them to the ice cream for that to happen. The only other issue I have with this ice cream is the color isn't very pretty. Some cherry juice or food dye would probably help out quite a bit to get more of a pink color than this pinky-brown color I ended up with.
Leave a Reply