Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup is a refreshing summery soup made with just a few simple ingredients. Serve as lunch on a hot summer day or as an appetizer before dinner.
For years the idea of a cold soup creeped me out. Then I decided to try it one day and I was sold. I live in Maryland where it gets incredibly humid in the summer and the idea of turning on the oven for a meal makes you want to cry. I love how easy this recipe comes together, using a blender or food processor!
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- honeydew melon
- sugar, optional
- crushed red pepper, optional
How do you make chilled melon soup
This honeydew melon soup recipe is so easy to make!
- First, cut up your honeydew melon. Cut a ripe honeydew roughly into squares. Then cut up your cucumber. (If the skin on your cucumber is tough, peel it off) Large pieces of both are fine because you're going to blend it.
- Then add all of the ingredients to the blender. Layer melon, cucumber, sugar (optional), fresh mint and seasonings into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then refrigerate until ready to serve. Transfer the chilled melon soup to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve!
Substitutions and Serving Suggestions
- Melon: cantaloupe or watermelon can be used in place of honeydew, but the soup may turn a brownish color when blended with the green mint and cucumber.
- Add ins: top the soup with thinly sliced prosciutto, swirl in some plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, top with more mint or cucumber slices, etc.
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup pairs nicely with a sandwich for lunch, maybe my Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich or as an appetizer to my Crispy Chicken Cutlets with Butter-Chive Pasta and Arugula Salad.
Too hot to cook? Check out my other chilled soups:
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
- Air Fried Zucchini Fries by West Via Midwest
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles by Take Two Tapas
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Raspberry Lemonade Limoncello Cocktail by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Pesto Brie Bites by Kate's Recipe Box
- Watermelon Rind Pickles by Palatable Pastime
- Zucchini Nachos by Magical Ingredients
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts by Devour Dinner
- Diner-Style Breakfast Potatoes and Onions by Family Around the Table
- Honeyed Carrots with Citrus Basil Gremolata by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Southwestern Potato Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Twice Baked Potatoes by Hostess At Heart
- Zucchini Corn Fritter by The Fresh Cooky
Main Dish Recipes
- Eggplant and Chickpea Fritters w/ Herb Yogurt Sauce by Savory Moments
- Philly Style Pepper Steak by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Asparagus by Blogghetti
- Steak and Bell Pepper Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Squash Quick Bread by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Corn Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- Homemade Peach Ice cream by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Pie with Bourbon Caramel Sauce by Lemon Blossoms
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup
- high powered blender
- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 1 medium English cucumber
- ½ cup sugar, optional
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Roughly dice the honeydew melon and cucumber. If the skin of the cucumber is tough, peel it before chopping.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, but up to overnight before serving.
- Optionally, garnish with additional mint leaves and thinly sliced cucumber.