I'm not really a fan of the prices of the fruit fruit popsicles you can purchase at the store though. Did you ever do the math to realize they sometimes want close or over $2 per popsicle? That' awfully expensive for sugar, fruit, more sugar and some preservatives, so once I found a proper set of popsicle makers, I immediately began making my own.
- 1 ½ cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 peach, peeled and chopped
- ⅛ cup blueberries
1. Puree watermelon and strawberries together in a blender.
2. Divide kiwi, peach and blueberries among the popsicle makers. Pour the watermelon/strawberry mixture on top.
3. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
The amount of each fruit that you will need depends on the size of your popsicle makers. The ones I use came in packs of 6 from Ikea last summer. Unfortunately they don't tell you how much they hold or I could have tailored the recipe a bit more.