Spicy Ranch Veggie Dip is my version of Poolside dip - a cream cheese and ranch packet dip made with RedHot seasoning blend, black beans, corn, bell pepper and jalapeno.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in August 2013. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in October 2022.
I am a firm believer that you can never go wrong with a good dip as an appetizer - especially if it's a spicy one. Don't let "Poolside" in the name fool you, this recipe is just as delicious as a game appetizer as it is enjoyed by the pool.
What is spicy ranch veggie dip?
Spicy Ranch Veggie Dip is my take on Poolside Dip! In the original dip, cream cheese is mixed with a ranch seasoning packet, along with black beans, corn, red pepper and jalapeno. My spicy poolside dip keeps the same ingredients but adds in Frank's RedHot Seasoning Blend to really amp up that spicy flavor.
Never heard of Poolside Dip? This cream cheese based dip is also known as crack dip or corn dip with black beans.
- cream cheese
- ranch seasoning packet
- Frank's RedHot Seasoning Blend
- black beans
- red pepper
- tortilla chips, carrots, celery for serving
First, combine the cream cheese and seasonings. Whisk softened cream cheese with ranch seasoning packet and Frank's RedHot Seasoning Blend until fully combined in a medium bowl.
Then prepare the beans and vegetables. Rinse and drain the black beans. If using canned corn, drain excess liquid. Finely chop the red pepper and mice the jalapeno, removing the seeds and membrane.
Next, add all of the ingredients together. Stir the beans, corn, red pepper and jalapeno into the cream cheese mixture, folding until fully coated.
Finally, serve the dip. Serve spicy ranch veggie dip with tortilla chips, crackers, baby carrots or celery sticks for dipping.
This recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated for 24 hours. Stir before serving.
Substitutions and Serving Suggestions
- The seasoning blend adds a lot of spice, so feel free to skip the jalapeno if you don't like heat
- Replace the seasoning blend with 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Swap out red pepper for diced tomatoes
- Make "Skinny Poolside Dip" by using fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese
- Serve this dip with crackers, chips or vegetables like celery, baby carrots (or carrot sticks), broccoli or radishes
More Dips You'll Love
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Spicy Ranch Veggie Dip (Poolside Dip)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning blend
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno cored and seeded, minced
- In a medium bowl, stir the cream cheese, ranch seasoning packet and RedHot Seasoning Blend until fully combined.8 oz cream cheese, 1 packet ranch seasoning, 1 tablespoon seasoning blend
- Stir in the black beans, corn, red pepper and jalapeno.15 oz black beans, 1 cup corn, ½ cup red bell pepper, 1 medium jalapeno
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, chips, or veggies to dip.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.