I’ve had pulled pork sandwiches but I’ve never had a pulled chicken sandwich. Last year when I bought the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels DVD I was suckered into signing up to see what recipes she offered. I quickly found out that almost all of the recipes she recommended came from Eating Well.
Barbecue Pulled Chicken - Crock Pot
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 oz. green chiles
- 2 tbs. honey
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder I omitted
- hamburger buns
- 1. Trim the chicken of all fat.
- 2. In the crock pot, add all of the other ingredients and stir well.
- 3. Add the chicken to the crock pot and spoon sauce over chicken.
- 4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken falls apart.
- 5. Toast the bun and serve chicken on top.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.