The longest part of the recipe is allowing the mixture to chill in the refrigerator.
- 6 oz, 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut milk
- extra chocolate for garnish
- raspberries or strawberries for garnish
1. Combine the chocolate, eggs and vanilla together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium high heat until you see steam rising from it. (This is scalding the milk.)
3. Carefully pour the scalded coconut milk into the blender and blend until smooth. (The blender will cause the mixture to thicken up.)
4. Pour the cream mixture into 4 8 oz. souffle dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Garnish with shaved chocolate and fresh berries.
Once again, you'd have no idea that this recipe doesn't call for sugar-laden milk chocolate or calorific heavy cream. If you are still looking for a dessert to make for tomorrow, I highly, highly suggest this one! Even if you aren't following a Paleo lifestyle.
Seriously, Tom ate two and had no idea they were "healthy".