Parmesan Parsley Roasted Potatoes are an easy to make side dish featuring baby potatoes, fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. These potatoes can be roasted in the oven or cooked in the air fryer.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in March 2016. Recipe and photos were republished in September 2020.
These Parmesan Parsley Roasted Potatoes are the perfect weeknight side dish for just about anything you are cooking. The best part is there are two ways to cook them! Roasted in the oven if you have a little more time, or cooked in the air fryer if you’re trying to get dinner on the table more quickly.
Do you struggle to come up with side dishes? I definitely do! I feel like we eat the same side dishes over and over again. So, I’m always looking for new seasonings to change up the dishes we eat most commonly.
What potatoes should you use?
I prefer to roast small potatoes instead of their larger counterparts. Here are some great smaller potato options:
- baby red potatoes
- creamer potatoes
- tri-color baby potatoes
- fingerling potatoes
What you need to make Parmesan Parsley roasted potatoes
- baby or fingerling potatoes
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
How to roast potatoes
Season the potatoes: Toss the potatoes together in a large bowl with the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.
In the Oven: Spread the potatoes out in an even layer on a foil-lined sheet pan. Cook at 400 for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan half-way through. Sprinkle additional Parmesan and parsley on top before serving.
In the Air Fryer: Add potatoes to a preheated 400 degree air fryer and cook for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and top with Parmesan and additional parsley. (You can use the Air Fry or Roast setting on your fryer, depending on the brand)
Flavor substitutions for roasted potatoes
- Garlic – use powdered if cooking in the air fryer, use powdered or minced if oven roasting
- Herbs – swap out parsley for basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, Italian seasoning or any combination of them
- Cheese – replace Parmesan with pecorino or romano.
What to serve with roasted potatoes
The possibilities are endless!
- Chicken Dishes like Spicy BBQ Chicken, Fried Chicken BLT’s or Nashville Hot Chicken
- Beef Dishes like Korean BBQ Burgers, Grilled London Broil or Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Pork Dishes like Apple Sausage Skewers, Bahn Mi Hot Dogs or Pork Loin with Cherry Salsa
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board and follow me for more delicious recipes!
Parmesan Parsley Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer (optional)
- 2 lbs baby potatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
To Season the Potatoes
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add half of the Parmesan and half of the parsley and toss to coat.
To Roast in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Spread out the seasoned potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through and giving the potatoes a good shake. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley before serving.
To Roast in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees on either Air Fry or Roast, depending on your settings.
- Transfer seasoned potatoes to the air fryer and cook for 15-18 minutes, until fork tender. Shake the potatoes halfway through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley before serving.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.