The other weekend Mother Nature blessed us with almost 80 degree temperatures on a Sunday. I was planning on making breakfast risotto that evening but since it was currently 80 degrees in the apartment as well, I opted to not turn on the stove at all.
I had to run out to the store for some ingredient I had forgotten and while there I got the idea to just pick up what we needed to make turkey burgers. The first thing that caught my eye was pineapple and I knew right away I was going to make a turkey burger with pineapple. I called Tom to confirm my plans and he suggested adding teriyaki into the mix.
Pineapple-Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. teriyaki marinade
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- lettuce, tomato, additional teriyaki sauce
1. Preheat a grill to high heat.
2. Combine ground turkey, Panko, green onions, garlic powder, teriyaki marinade and onion powder in a bowl. Form into 4 equally sized patties.
3. Place patties on the grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add the pineapple to the grill and cook for 1 minute on each side.
4. Add cheese on top of the burgers and cook until melted. Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns.
5. Assemble the burger with your desired toppings and a slice on pineapple on top of the burger.
This was a perfect light but filling burger on a day too warm to cook!