One of the recipes from The Abs Diet is a turkey blt sandwich served on a tortilla. I decided to take it on step further and add avocado to the sandwich. I also opted for honey wheat bread instead of a tortilla since it's harder to find whole wheat tortillas around here recently. I don't know what made me think to add avocado to this sandwich. Avocado was never something that I ate growing up and I'm not even sure I knew what guacamole was until I was in my late teen's, but recently I've been interested in adding avocados to my dishes.
Turkey Avocado BLT Sandwich
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 2 slices honey wheat bread (Stroehmann's)
- 3 slices thin-sliced deli turkey (Oscar Mayer)
- 3 slices avocado
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice bacon, cooked (Wegman's, lower sodium/fat)
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise (Kraft)
- salt and pepper
1. Toast the bread. Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the bread and top with the remaining ingredients. Season the tomato slice with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Directions for a sandwich seem kind of Captain Obvious, but I figure I may as well include them anyway. I included the brand names of the ingredients I used, because when I entered the sandwich into My Fitness Pal, it told me the sandwich is only 224 calories with 12 grams of protein. I've had this sandwich for lunch every day for the week along with some baby carrots and I'm stuffed until dinner time. This is not something that usually happens.