I can’t help but picture eggnog tasting like scrambled eggs mixed in with sugary milk. Since so many people drink it, I’m sure that isn’t the case, but I just can’t bring myself to try it, even if I did need to specifically purchase it for this recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cherry flavored cranberries
1.Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 8×4 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and butter together until smooth. Add the eggnog and flour mixture to the stand mixer until combined.
4. Add the pecans and cranberries and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to continue cooling.
This bread is extremely dense. Its almost dense enough that you’d want to dip it into coffee or milk. I opted to use a vanilla flavored eggnog instead of plain which honestly didn’t make a difference in this bread at all. You couldn’t even taste any vanilla.