Backing up a minute, for this month I was assigned to Amy’s Cooking Adventures. Amy started blogging back in 2010, not long after me and has quite the variety of recipes and an ongoing recipe bucket list that includes many of my own to-make items. Of course, pierogi stood out to me on her bucket list more than anything else. Not because I’m Polish, but because those little buggers have evaded me more than once. However, I’m supposed to have a kielbasa and pierogi making event with my aunts this summer (if that doesn’t sound Polish, I don’t know what does!) and I’m hoping to learn the secret. (Amy, if I do, I’ll be sure to let you know!)
Anyway, back to the bacon. Literally. I chose a recent (well recent at the time I made this) recipe of Amy’s that combines two delicious recipes. Quesadillas + BLT.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices beefsteak tomato
- shredded lettuce
- 1/4 fresh avocado, sliced
1. Preheat a grill, panini press or large skillet, Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Arrange cheese, bacon and tomato slices onto one tortilla. Top with the other tortilla and place into the pan/onto the grill/panini press. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden brown. (If cooking in a skillet, cook 2 minutes then flip and cook 2 minutes more or until golden.)
3. Slice the quesadilla and top with shredded lettuce and avocado slices.
So, uh. Making just one of these is a bad idea. A really bad idea. You’re going to want to eat at least two of them. I totally promise not to judge if you have a third or fourth. 😉