Inspired by the strawberry crunch coated ice cream, this Strawberry Crunch Bundt Cake is full of strawberry flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
2. Prepare the white cake mix according to package directions. Pour ⅓ of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
3. Prepare the strawberry cake mix according to package directions. Pour ⅓ of the batter on top of the white cake mix in the bundt pan. Repeat with ⅓ of the white cake batter, ⅓ strawberry and finish with the remaining ⅓ of the white cake mix. (Discard remaining strawberry cake mix or make cupcakes)
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by adding the butter and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar ½ cup at a time until combined. Add mashed strawberries and salt. Add in heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out the frosting if needed.
6. Prepare the crunch topping by adding oreo cookies and shortbread cookies to a food processor and pulsing until fine. Add in melted butter and pulse until it comes together. Finally add in the freeze dried strawberries and pulse until mixed in.
7. Once the cake has cooled, place a plate on top of the bundt pan and flip it over so the cake is upright on the plate. Spread the frosting on the top and sides of the cake and then coat with the crunch topping.
8. Slice and serve. Uneaten cake should be covered and refrigerated.
Adapted from: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Keywords: strawberry crunch bundt cake, strawberries, cake, bundt cake, baking, dessert