1. Season the pork roast with salt and pepper. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, sear the pork roast on all sides, 7-8 minutes per side.
2. Meanwhile, add the carrots, onion, garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger root and spices to the crock pot. Once the pork has been seared add it to the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
3. Add the carrots to the crock pot and cook for 30 minutes. Then remove the pork and allow to rest. Add the mushrooms to the crock pot.
4. Using two forks, shred the pork and return it to the crock pot, spooning the juice over the meat. Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions without adding seasoning packets.
5. Divide the ramen noodles among bowls. Scoop the pork and vegetable mixture over the noodles and add some of the broth.
Slightly Adapted from: Skinny Taste