All I remember is I made it when it was cold out, which means I could have made it anywhere from like last October to this May. Helpful, huh?
Anyway, I do at least remember that it was quite a tasty dish.
Apple Stuffed-Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Butterfly the tenderloin by cutting it lengthwise ¾ of the way through. Combine poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper together and spread over the pork. Fill with minced apples and onions.
3. Slide slices of bacon under the pork and fold over at the top to secure.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until cooked through. Turn over once halfway through cooking so bacon browns on all sides.
I served this with garlic-butter roasted mushrooms and a sweet potato puree. The puree isn’t as pretty, but it’s shown below.